Not The Normal Blazin' We Do In Brea

I haven't lived in the O.C. since 1999. Every time something tragic happens there, I start to freak out. My hometown is where all my friends and family live, and today some of them are at risk or even worse, have been devastated by fire. On Friday, a fire broke out somewhere near Brea Olinda High School, which is about 4.5 miles from my parents house and even closer to tons of my close friends & families' homes. I have been so bummed out all day. Last night my sister called me and asked me what I wanted my parents to take of mine if we evacuated. Shit! My mind started racing and all I could think about was my bunny rabbit, childhood blankie, and my thousands of pictures detailing my entire life. Stacey then reminded me that I would probably want my crystals as well. I began to freak. Had to hang up on her and find out the real story from my mom. She asked the same question, what do you want out of the house? "Is this really happening?"- I thought.

I have been frantic all morning tracking the fire. My neighborhood is safe, but tons of my friend's are not and others are now gone. I feel so saddened and can only extend prayers to everyone effected by this disaster. 

My connection with Southern California has been lost for years, but lately I have been feeling like it is time to come home. Seeing things like this devastate my people only makes me want to be closer to help out. I want to go home this very minute, but in turn know there is nothing I can do. I come home for Christmas and now plan on staying to help those effected by the fire. My heart goes out to everyone. 

Love always. Never forget family and friends, they are worth more than any material possession on the earth. 


.



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Lambert crosses Palm, which is the street I grew up on.

No comments: